Sunday 5 February 2012

It's what it's all about

Positive Upload Day 2 has again been successful!

Challenges come what ever day it is.  So how did you get on?  It was a tough one for a few of us including me but have you noticed... we're still here and still smiling!

On 'PUD2' I was really interested to read a Facebook update of a friend - "If it wasn't positive upload day I may have vented on here just a wee bit!! I will resist!".  
This was great to see people are taking part and really letting the idea penetrate their life. But looking at the statement, there's an opportunity to take this to the next level if you want to feel the full benefit of the powerful Positive Thinking.

It's perfectly normal to feel your cage getting rattled and then wish to vent your anger.  What is important is that we control that energy and keep control of it.  Whatever situation has caused you to feel that way can not change.  I'm yet to find anyone who is actually successful in changing the past so you've got to accept it has happened.  There may be opportunities to change the future of the situation but you will need to understand your options and really want to do what you choose.  But in the here and now, when you feel like screaming at the top of your lungs, it's not going to make you feel any better.

For me, it's a case of putting that specific situation into perspective.  I too had a challenging day but my challenge was a minute part of my 'big picture'.  Putting it into perspective I have other huge benefits to my life such as a lovely warm safe house where my beautiful family live and were at home later that day to offer me comfort.  I have some amazing friends, take part in great hobbies, am fortunate enough to have holidays to experience the world, have healthy and extremely caring parents... the list goes on.  So, in my day, a couple of people who were being pretty fowl to me earlier melts away into insignificance when I know how life is pretty damn good for me really.

My situation is unique.  As everyone's is.  The combination of my family, friends, job, home, pets etc etc is totally unique to me as it is to you.  So the way you react and your list of positive things will be personal to you.  But that's another great positive thing about being human.  You are YOU and you're brilliant in your own unique way.  

That should put a smile on your face when things seem tough?




No comments:

Post a Comment