Friday 6 January 2012

More 'I will' than 'I wish'

Hopefully your New Year has got off to a great start and your New Years resolutions are going well!

I had a thought; How many times do we say 'I wish I could....' or 'Ohhh I'd love to ....'?

It could be anything - 'I wish I could speak French' or 'I'd love to visit India', 'I'd love to lose a few pounds' even 'I wish this shed wasn't such a mess'.  You will undoubtedly have your own list and as you become more conscious of slipping those works into your sentences you may discover more.

So another little tip to make you even more powerful is to start converting your wishes and making them come true.  It is in your gift to achieve anything your heart desires with a positive attitude, really anything is possible.

Convert the start of those sentences from 'I wish I could...' into 'I will...'.  The caveat is of course you will have to do something about it but the first step is to believe it;
I will speak French by next year
I will visit India for my 40th birthday
I will lose a few pounds by walking 30 minutes after dinner each day
I will get that shed tidied out... I might get the children to do it(!)

In doing this you are sending a positive message to your brain that it is achievable and you know when it's going to happen too.  If you miss the date you set for yourself.... so what?  Just set another one but still believe you'll do it and you will get there.

Give it a go and I know it really will work for you - after all, who doesn't want their wishes to come true?

No comments:

Post a Comment